Grace Under Pressure
Experiencing Grace Together (10/17)
Experiencing Grace Together
Love one another deeply, from the heart.
Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart. - 1 Peter 1:22
Grow up in your salvation.
Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. - 1 Peter 2:1-3
Be a holy priesthood
…you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. - 1 Peter 2:5
Be a royal priesthood.
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. - 1 Peter 2:9
Questions for Reflection/Discussion:
1) What is one of the ways you’ve been flexible or resilient during this season, especially as it relates to your spiritual well-being?
2) Are you more inclined to say “Yes” to the truth of God’s Word, or is this something you are still wrestling with?
3) What do you think about being a member of holy and royal priesthood? Are you comfortable with this? Confused by it? Hesitant? Eager?
4) Do you have spiritual friends? Who are you a spiritual friend to? What are your next steps as it relates to experiencing grace with others?
5) What do you think it looks like to “grow up in your salvation?” Are you intentional about doing your part in this? What do you think your part is?